supporting your work
Company of Nature can support your organisation’s work on wellbeing, sustainability and biodiversity. We offer a bespoke programme of advice and support, which could include:
- forest bathing and natural mindfulness sessions for health and wellbeing
- advice, support and training on the pathways to nature connection for wellbeing and sustainability
- nature based activities to boost teamwork, creativity and productivity
- site visits and advice on bringing nature into workplaces and communities to promote nature connection
Contact us to discuss your work to find out how Company of Nature could help your organisation.
73% of UK adults said that connecting with nature has been important in terms of managing their mental health during the pandemic. YouGov/ Mental Health Foundation 2021
A sense of nature connectedness benefits our mental health and wellbeing in many ways. It can have a calming and restorative effect, reducing stress and blood pressure, and helping us feel more creative and productive. Nature can also help bring some relief to mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression.
Feeling close to nature can be as simple as taking a few moments to notice the good things in nature – the sights, sounds, smells and beauty. People who have exposure to nature in their working lives or schools can have better concentration and engagement to work. Feeling close to nature can help regulate emotions in stressful situations.
We can support you to promote wellbeing in your workplaces, schools and communities through nature connection. This could include:
- On-site and off-site nature connection events and activities to benefit wellbeing, teamwork and creativity
- Developing a nature connection programme for your organisation
- Training to help you apply the pathways of nature connection to your wellbeing programmes
Nature connection has a role to play in efforts to tackle the ecological crisis and climate change. Studies show that helping people to build a close and meaningful connection with nature can be more effective at encouraging pro-environmental behaviour than teaching them about nature and environmental issues.
We can support you to encourage pro-environmental and pro-nature behaviours through nature connection. This could include:
- Reviewing your current environmental engagement or education plans to include nature connection activities
- Developing a nature connection programme for your organisation, including events and activities
- Training on ways to promote nature connection and how these can be implemented in your work
Bringing wildlife rich and diverse natural environments into our lives benefits both people and nature. We can help you to enhance your grounds and workplaces for biodiversity and wellbeing. Support could include:
- Advice on enhancing areas for wildlife and nature connection
- Advice on actions people can take to promote wildlife, for nature connection
- Training on how to bring nature into our working lives
To arrange a call about how Company of Nature could help your organisation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org